Get Your Very Own Copy Now!
The reviews are in and The Big Adventures of Tiny House is off to a stellar start. Grab your first edition now and get ready for adventure!
After a small yellow farmhouse gets converted into a cozy mobile home, it sets off on a cross-country road trip. Polaroid-style photos highlight stops on the journey, including St. Louis and New Orleans. Bernardo (who previously collaborated with Fletcher on Sun Kisses, Moon Hugs) alludes to the family who have made Tiny House their new home (Though they didn't have room for all their old stuff,/ what they decided to keep was exactly enough), but Fletcher keeps them offscreen, allowing readers to imagine themselves in the story. Hitched up to a vintage green truck, aka Big Truck, Tiny House encounters other types of residences, including a pompous mansion named Missy, who chides, You can t be a home/ if you don t stay in one place ; an Airstream-style trailer; a houseboat; and a skoolie bus. Bernardo s singsong verse sometimes stretches for its rhymes, but it still sets up a mood of adventure equally evident in Fletcher s crisp, cheerful, and polished artwork. It s a story that sings the praises of tiny living and the camaraderie of the open road. Ages 4 through 8.
"I could not love this book anymore than I do! The adorable illustrations make our journey across the USA with Tiny on his grand road trip a pleasure. A wonderful adventure that brings "home" the message of what home really means!"
- Patrice Karst, Best Selling Author of THE INVISIBLE STRING
As both a preschool teacher and Tiny-House enthusiast, THIS IS THE PERFECT BOOK. It's both my loves (children's books and THOW's). When I read this to my class, the children were moved and entertained. It held their attention and probed deeper questions around how we choose to live. Thank you for such a wonderful book to add to my collection. It will be on display in my own THOW's soon!!
- Grace Purcell, Amazon reviewer
Aug 26 Central Library, San Diego, CA
Sept 8-10 Tennessee Tiny House Festival
Oct 14 Indie Author Day Event, LAPL
Oct 27-29 Tiny House Jamboree, Texas
Little House, Big Heart
The Big Adventures of Tiny House is a story about an old farmhouse that gets recycled into something new: TINY, a little house with a big heart – and WHEELS!
Yes, Tiny may be small, but he lives a BIG life. With the help of Big Truck, he travels thousands of miles across America, seeing the sights and attending the Tiny House Jamboree (yes, that's a real thing - and it's AWESOME!). Along the way, he and Big Truck make lots of new friends -- like Shiny (an Airstream), Waverly (the houseboat) and Buster (a converted school bus).
Come along and get to know Tiny as he explores the country and discovers the true meaning of home.
Welcome to the Sun Kisses, Moon Hugs website. Here you will find information about our books, as well as ideas to help children “feel their feelings” and express themselves in positive ways.
Creative expression has been a powerful source of emotional healing for us, and has brought hope and light back into our own lives after tough times. Music, dance and movement, visual arts, poetry, crafting and connecting with nature are all valuable and engaging ways to bring meaning into our lives, and make meaning out of circumstances that sometimes make no sense. When we feel grief, despair, loss, confusion, depression or sorrow - oftentimes we can feel better just through the process of making something with our hands, singing words from our heart, beating our pain out onto the skin of a drum, or sitting in a quiet woods or a rocky beach and reflecting on the cycles of life surrounding us.
We wrote these books and created this website for:
- Parents, Family, Caregivers and Friends seeking to console children who are in need of a little extra reassurance and love, for whatever reason -perhaps because they are grieving the death of a beloved person or a pet, being far away from a beloved grandparent, coping with their parents' divorce or a move, or dealing with separation anxiety as they start school or a parent goes back to work or takes a business trip. Sun Kisses, Moon Hugs is also a wonderfully soothing bedtime story for any child or grandchild!
- Teachers and Librarians who are looking for books and activities to ease separation anxiety when school starts and help children develop social skills, EQ and emotional resilience. Everyone will experience loss and personal struggle at some point - it is the nature of being human. It is vitally important that our kids learn the vocabulary, social skills and emotional literacy to navigate dark times in their lives.
- Therapists, Social Workers, Child Life specialists and Grief Counselors who work with children experiencing grief, loss, separation anxiety, natural disasters, abuse, addiction or trauma and are seeking resources and activities to connect with their young clients.
- Bereavement Counselors, Hospice Caregivers, Hospital Staff and others who are looking for a book to comfort a child facing the death of a parent, sibling, or other loved one.
Thank you for choosing to do this incredibly important work to heal and strengthen the hearts of families in our communities. We hope that our books and the activities featured here will bring comfort to you and the children in your life.
Life would bring changes, beginnings and ends,
but he had faith in himself and faith in his friends.
He understood now it was love that mattered.
Love could never be lost. Love could never be shattered.
--from The Rhino Who Swallowed a Storm